Wednesday, September 23, 2009

YouTube - Tango

I really couldn't get into YouTube. Sure there are some interesting videos, however, that was before I viewed Vera's blog. As a tango dancer I loved Libertango (Piazzolla) on Vera's blog. As I explored the site I found Libertango with dancer Pablo Alonzo and partner. This video has some good basic tango steps (except for the splits and lifts). I have to agree with Vera that video clips could be quite useful in the library. I was thinking along the lines of user education for specific patrons. Maybe OPAC instruction for Seniors; and/or as we have a large Asian population maybe also in Korean, Cantonese and Mandarin. Perhaps they could be imbedded in the library home page? The promotional aspect with videos of our services has huge potential..with many possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose Bud ; thanks for your comments; great to hear you're a dancer. Hasn't Tango had a resurgence in the last few years - although understand its rather 'tricky' to do; good on you! rgds Vera

    ReplyDelete