Sunday, August 23, 2009

Exercise #7.1

This has been an interesting journey. RSS and newsreaders were foreign words before this exercise. I'm still not totally on top of it I keep straying from the path by following interesting links which has made it more time-consuming. I have subscribed to some interesting feeds including, Accidental Hedonist, which had some interesting trivia on 'beer'. The BBC news/ news front page world edition has interesting snippets I can follow up if I want to read the full article. Articles I would rarely see elsewhere. I have feeds to Film, news, Book news, fashion, food and new librarian websites, as well as subscribing to two co-workers' feeds. I can see this being useful to many of our information and computer literate patrons who want to keep up-to-date with their favourite topics. Librarians can open up a whole new information-source pathway to our patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment