Sunday, August 30, 2009

Technorati - a mind boggler

Perusing Technorati is an interesting experience. I was surprised by the top 100 tags. The print size feature is an eye-opener, indicating the popularity. I would have thought that 'books' would have rated larger print size! How can there be 88,029 posts tagged 'Microsoft'? Is technology moving too fast for some of us? Via 'Blogger Central I searched 'Mashable'. The Ted Kennedy site brought up 30866 results. There are lots of people with lots to say on this one man. Some read a little like a confessional or a 'Dear Abby..' on a voyage of self-discovery.

In blog posts "Learning 2.0" brought up 2095 posts. There are some blogs here worth revisiting when time allows.
In 'tags' I had to drop the inverted comma's. This produced 545 posts. I haven't worked out why there is such a huge difference.
In the Blog directory, advanced - exact search - without the inverted commas, my search produced 2092 posts.

Technorati was a little mind boggling for me and I can't see how I will use it. More exploration may change my view. I need convincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment